Our School's Ethos and Aims
At Robin Hood, we have a strong belief that success is a journey, not a destination and that to have sky high aspirations for ourselves and our learners, we must always be striving to be better than we are… all of the time. There is an embedded ethos of reflection and improvement, which is necessary to make strides forward and build on our outstanding standard:
- Excellence is achieved through the delivery of an inclusive curriculum, taught in a modern, well-resourced and stimulating environment by passionate, gifted and highly committed teachers and staff.
- Our curriculum prepares children for the future and is relevant, immersive, engaging and allows every child to make very good progress.
- We aim not only for academic excellence but also for our children to be keen, effective, confident, independent and collaborative learners, who will be well prepared for success in adulthood.
- We believe in giving children opportunities to realise their talents and passions, whatever they are and to nurture these through broad and balanced learning and extra-curricular activities.
- We do not impose glass ceilings on children’s learning and we see every child, not for what they are but what they CAN be.
- We work closely in partnership with parents to ensure that our pupils’ chances of succeeding are maximised. We have an honest, open and collaborative approach to this partnership based on trust and a genuine concern that we all want what is best for each and every child…… the children always come first.