Our Governing Body
Robin Hood Primary School’s Governing Body consists of a team of Governors and the Head teacher. The Governing Body are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a high-quality education. It provides strategic management and is involved in setting the school’s aims and policies. All of the Governing Body and the committees they are part of are shown on this page below.
Governors at Robin Hood Primary School:
- Take the time to know the school
- Have the capacity to support school development
- Bring an interest, expertise or enthusiasm that adds capacity to the school
- They are involved in discussions that impact on the School Development Plan.
- Contribute to the school’s continued development.
- Support the school leadership in achieving these objectives
At Robin Hood Primary School we have:
- The Headteacher
- One Staff Representative
- Two Parent Representatives
- Seven Co-opted Representatives
- One Local Authority Representative
Our Governors usually meet as a Full Governing Body once a term. This is the meeting where all major decisions are made. However this is the minimum and sometimes it is necessary to meet more often, for example, when setting the budget. Our meetings start at 5:30 pm and are usually on a Monday evening. They generally last between two and three hours, but this depends on the agenda and the matters which need to be discussed.
The Chair: The Chair is elected by the Governing Body. Anyone who works at the school cannot take the role of Chair. The Chair leads the Governor’s Meeting and carries out particular tasks, such as signing off the school budget.
The Vice-Chair: The Vice-Chair supports the Chair and he or she may be delegated specific tasks.
Governing Bodies use a committee structure to ensure that their role and responsibilities are carried out efficiently. All Governors belong to at least one committee and sometimes more than one. At Robin Hood Primary School, we have the following committees:
- Resources: This committee sets the annual budget, monitors costs and authorises any major items of expenditure. It is also concerned with the maintenance and safety of the school buildings and grounds. It usually meets once a term, although there are sometimes additional meetings according to need, for example, during budget setting.
- Teaching and Learning: This committee deals with curriculum matters and policies, the School Improvement Plan, assessment data and curriculum development and monitoring. It also meets once a term.
- Pupil Support: This committee is responsible for all the things that happen in school to ensure that pupils are safe, happy and developing as they should. The committee takes an overview of such things as attendance and punctuality, safeguarding and equality.
- Pay and Appraisals: This committee meets as and when it is needed. It looks at areas such as staffing issues, appointments, redundancies, Performance Management, dismissals and appeals.
- The Clerk: The Governing Body is supported by the Clerk. Although the Clerk is not entitled to vote, they are considered to be an integral part of the Governing Body. They provide advice and updates on the administrative structure and regulations and help the Governors to interpret the latter. The Clerk also prepares and distributes the minutes and agendas and deals with any correspondence.
Particular committees can be given delegated powers to make decisions which do not then need the approval of the full Governing Body. Committee meetings are formal meetings and they are required to have defined duties, with minutes taken and decisions recorded. The Terms of Reference set out the duties allocated to each committee. Committee meetings usually last between one and two hours.
Governing Body Annual Impact Statement (2021-22)
Full Governing Board & Committee Meeting Minutes
|10th June 2022 Teaching & Learning Comittee Minutes.pdf||Download|
|11th July 2022 FGB Minutes.pdf||Download|
|17th June 2022 Pupil Support Committee Minutes.pdf||Download|
|2023-07-10 FINAL minutes Robin Hood FGB.DOCX||Download|
|20th May 2022 Resources Comittee Minutes.pdf||Download|
|28th March 2022 FGB Minutes.pdf||Download|